Sunday, October 17, 2010

My High Priest

We know Jesus was perfect up to the cross, but imagine His temptation ON the cross. He could have called 10,000 angels at any moment to put a stop to it all, but even at His weakest point, on the verge of death and in horrific pain, He resisted that temptation and fulfilled God’s will instead. That is what makes Him our perfect High Priest, able to fully understand our suffering.
“Who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming OBEDIENT TO THE POINT OF DEATH, EVEN DEATH ON A CROSS.” Philippians 2:6-7 (emphasis mine)
Oh, my sweet Savior, how naive I’ve been to miss the full breadth of your obedience on my behalf! Forgive me!

No comments:

Post a Comment